A Continuation of Lost Thoughts

A collection of thoughts captured from my mind and vividly displayed on screen in poem form.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newburgh, Indiana, United States

I'm a 29 year-old wannabe writer, who enjoys a good dream. I'm also a big proponent of drinking liquid magic shell. My taste buds are partial to caramel, but any ol' flavor will do.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Poem Never Knew It Was Posted

The pen never knew it had ink.
The letter never knew it had a stamp.
The bottle never knew it was full -
Yet no one would hand it over to me.
They would have had to reach TOO far.

Furthermore,
The cigarette never knew it was lit.
The lighter never knew it was stolen.
The wrist never knew it was burnt.

Did I mention money?
It never knew it could talk -
Yet everyone would always listen.
They could not reach far ENOUGH.

(Chorus: too much is never enough)
Quite the fitting end for a poem
That never knew it was written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home